Freelance - Office Manager (Part time)
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin and Los Angeles. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
We are looking for a part-time Office Manager who can support company operations by maintaining the physical office as well as the office systems for Austin office. Special projects as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
As the Office Manager at BMF Austin you must be enthusiastic about organization, details, harmony, and decorum. You demonstrate flexibility, creative problem-solving and are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You innately want to help people.
What a day in the life will look like:
We need you to bring your logistical, organizational, and big-picture/detail-oriented expertise to the table at all times. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm with additional hours to be determined as needed. During this time you will:
- Oversee, unify and maintain office services. These include but are not limited to:
- Physical office -- work closely with BMF Office Manager and Property Manager to address company and property needs, damages, problems and upkeep of office and loft. Manage onsite repairs and improvements. Ensure areas are in 5-star shape at all times and client-ready. Manage and coordinate office and loft cleanings (including payment process). Liaise with building management for repairs.
- Reception -- coverage including serving guests upon arrival and throughout meetings.
- Procedures – implement, support, and advance office standards and procedures.
- IT – needs and trouble-shooting for server, computers, phone systems, printer.
- Communication – with office staff regarding company-wide and building alerts.
- Calendars – track office meetings and events. Coordinate out-of-town guests and access.
- Security – serve as contact and set up.
- Supplies – monitor inventory and purchase.
- Storage – organization and inventory.
- Kitchen – continual pick-up, order supplies and maintenance of equipment.
- Messenger/shipping/mail – coordinate with proper outlets.
- Budget – work with General Manager on office budget re: supplies and kitchen
- Coordinate with HR and General Manager to ensure smooth onboarding of new employees.
- Assist with large projects as needed (travel, hotel, supplies for major events).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- College degree desirable
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and understanding of and involvement with day-to-day operations of small office needs including IT; physical services and space; shipping and receiving; security.
- Highly structured, comfortable in working in high energy, fluid environment.
- Attention to detail -- nothing is too minimal.
- Experience working with building management and outside vendors.
- Strong communications skills; collaborative approach.
- Budgeting skills.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017.