Senior Experiential Designer
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin and Los Angeles. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
Our growing and dynamic creative team is now looking for a Senior Experiential Designer to participate in brainstorms and creation of concepts for best-of-class user experiences.
Does this sound like you?
You will conceptualize event ideas through participation in brainstorms and on own. You will also develop compelling visual including mood boards and renderings for clients presentations from creation, and then once sold-in, to final event graphics.
What a day in the life will look like:
You will be responsible for the development and execution of creative concepts and ideas for a wide variety of events and brand activations:
• Participate in project brainstorms
• Work closely with the Senior Designer and Creative Director to explore, refine, and select a creative direction for each project • Generate a range of concepts to present to the Senior Designer and Creative Director at the start of each project
• Design all aspects of event including but not limited to: internal presentations, spatial design, invites, printed collateral, event builds
• Manage relationships and communication with a wide variety of fabricators and vendors
• Work with vendors to obtain quotes during the decor design process
• Generate floor plans using AutoCAD and SketchUp
• Work closely with Experiential team to develop concepts for clients in presale, and create visually arresting representations of these concepts to sell the idea through
• Communicate frequently with production studio vendors and manage the full build of assigned project. This will include technical drawings, design briefs, illustrator drawings, and elevations.
• Work with the Production Director and Senior Designer to design décor elements that meet safety standards, can be produced efficiently, and can be installed and de-installed safely and on time.
• Work with Production Director and Senior Designer to develop an on-site installation plan
• Generate all final decor files for production
• Participate in production meetings with venue managers and vendors
• Oversee the decor installation on-site. Anticipate challenges and come up with creative solutions that meet project and budget goals during project installs
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- 5 to 8 years of experience working in experiential event design.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up or other 3D program, Microsoft Office.
- Strong graphic and typography design skills.
- Solid knowledge of print production.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Adept at working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eye for kitsch to high end.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization.
- Comfortable working in fluid environments.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017 and most recently BizBash 2017 Event Style Award Winner.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- An international portfolio with worldwide events.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.