Traffic Manager Assistant
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin and Los Angeles. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
The Traffic Manager of the company is looking for an Assistant with a sharp focus in routing Traffic across our Production department.
Does this sound like you?
At BMF, the Traffic Manager works as a go-between that connects the creative and production teams to other departments. Your primary mission is to assist the Traffic Manager in staffing freelancers for Production and Design, negotiating fees up front and resource allocation support. Support is crucial in connecting departments with freelancers in real time so we can kick off projects accordingly. We’re looking for an Assistant who is able to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and dynamic environment with stellar communication skills. You are independent, confident, resourceful, able to multi-task and will work with our Traffic Manager to ensure a smooth workflow.
What a day in the life will look like:
Most importantly, you must be organized and driven to smoothly connect the dots between all departments in confirming freelancers for projects as requested. Throughout the day you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring freelancers are staffed and assigned to projects as requested based on priority, scope and level of complexity.
- Ensuring that freelancers are staffed in a timely manner in accordance with all the project kick-offs using BMF freelance database.
- Attend meetings as needed and provide status updates regularly.
- Manage the full administration process with Production and Design freelancers (including communication, working closely with hiring managers, oversee staffing, contract and invoices).
- Schedule trainings as needed for new freelancers.
- Communicating the deliverables and responsibilities of the project to the freelancers.
- Negotiate freelancer rates and adjustments per scope changes as well as kill fees depending on the status of the project (i.e. increased budgets, increased asks) while maintaining open communication with the Team.
- Reaching out to available freelancers to put them on hold for projects that are highly likely to happen.
- Maintain a tracking system for all active and inactive freelancers.
- Maintain outreach and freelancer availability for Design and Production.
- Support SOW contract and invoice process with freelancers.
- Coordinate with Finance on invoices as needed.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
In order to thrive, you will need to have the following traits:
- Experience in fast-paced and high-volume work environments
- Highly organized and deadline-oriented skills.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled at managing resources across multiple projects at one time.
- Being adept at changing priorities and working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017 and most recently BizBash 2017 Event Style Award Winner.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.