Director, Creative Strategy
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin, Los Angeles and London. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
The SVP of Strategy is now looking for a senior, experienced Director of Creative Strategy, to join the growing and evolving team.
Does this sound like you?
As a Director of Creative Strategy at BMF Media, you are responsible for the development of breakthrough creative ideas and effective strategic solutions for new and existing clients. Under the SVP of Strategy, you will oversee all RFPs and develop new ideas for organic growth using analytics and including end of project measurement. This role works collaboratively across multiple departments and may lead cross-functional project teams. You will provide leadership to both clients as well as internal teams.
What a day in the life will look like:
25% Administrative / 50% Management / 25% RFPs
Throughout the day you will:
- Inspire, lead and collaborate with a team of strategists under your supervision.
- Provide management and mentorship for creative strategy team with a focus on agency growth and individual team member development.
- Uncover key insights that can be used to develop strategies and solutions that meet and exceed client objectives.
- Lead ideation and strategy development on assigned business opportunities, communicating back to VP for approvals.
- Think across channels to develop 360 marketing strategies that integrate digital, social media, branded content, media, mobile, PR, etc.
- Ensure that client brand experiences are designed and produced according to strategic concept and true to the brand’s principles.
- Oversee, and assist in the creation and editing of beautiful and compelling pitch presentations
- Pitch new business presentation to clients.
- Delegate responsibilities to junior members of the creative strategy team.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support the development of creative strategy team members.
- Contribute to agency thought leadership.
- Manage departmental traffic flow of projects and operational compliance through OpenAir/Netsuite project entries.
- Submit project outlines to VP and sales lead to ensure alignment and sign-off.
- Other duties as required.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Experience in a senior creative strategic role providing services within a marketing firm, creative agency or relevant organization.
- Background leading day-to-day strategy for key clients.
- Digital and social media strategy experience.
- Experience in research, measurement, and analysis required.
- Strong verbal presentation, storytelling skills, presentation building.
- Superior writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Proficient with presentation / design software (i.e. Apple Keynote, Adobe Photoshop).
- Accountable for measurable business results, internal and external.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure on difficult assignment and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, advertising or relevant liberal arts discipline is a plus.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.