Associate Director of Events, Production
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Los Angeles, Miami, Austin and London. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
Our growing and dynamic production team is now looking for an Associate Director of Events based in London who will be responsible for managing events and multifaceted activations on behalf of the company’s clients in Europe.
Does this sound like you?
As an Associate Director of Events at BMF Media, you are a mature, professional individual with strong client service skills and an impeccable attention to detail. You show great flexibility, creative problem solving and the ability to manage priority projects simultaneously. You possess the ability to envision the big picture while working hands-on to create and implement solutions to produce projects. You will be a leader, working closely with your team and across departments, reporting to the Director of Events.
What a day in the life will look like:
Most importantly, you must bring your logistical expertise and your leadership prowess. Throughout the day you will be responsible for:
- Working as a team with your assigned Event Manager, Event Coordinator, and, when applicable, freelance producers to facilitate all facets of pre-event production, onsite management, and post-event breakdown in various markets, often occurring simultaneously.
- Overseeing your team and leading production for the agency’s most complex events.
- Collaborating with the strategy team to ensure production feasibility during the RFP process.
- Creating and managing complex event budgets, from concept to reconciliation while ensuring profitability.
- Identifying, vetting and serving as the production lead for all vendors on assigned projects. This includes, but is not limited to, examples such as; venue, scenic/fabrication, lighting, audio, video/projection and digital technology, furniture and décor rentals, printing, catering, photographer/videographer, site services and staffing.
- Conducting venue scouting, surveying and selection.
- Identifying permitting requirements and timelines, and liaising with local municipalities, permit expeditors and/or architects/engineers for all permitting needs.
- Working with internal (Creative and Account Management) teams and external (Freelancers) teams to ensure client’s vision is being met.
- Working hand in hand with Creative/Technical Designers to develop event site design and fabrication plans.
- Working with the Talent and Digital departments in securing talent and liaising with talent management to fulfilling riders as needed.
- Being responsible for creating and/or overseeing key event documents including the budget and project ledger, project timeline, client workback schedule, production schedule, run of show, venue deck, activation deck, recap deck, and contact list.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- At least 8 years of experience in event production roles, and experience managing multi-day events with budgets up to $500K-800K. Agency experience required.
- At least 4 years of experience managing direct reports.
- Strong leadership skills and managerial experience. with passion for mentorship.
- Capacity to be a hands-on manager who isn't afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get the job done.
- The ability to bring positive energy to a vibrant culture.
- A history of success producing a broad range of projects with varying size. Examples include, but are not limited to, media previews, conferences, mobile tours, pop-up stores, or PR stunts.
- A high level of organization.
- Strong vendor relationships and negotiation skills ,with experience working in union venues.
- Extensive knowledge of event budgeting.
- A high level of integrity and passion for, and caring about, the quality of production that the agency produces.
- Extensive knowledge of excel and keynote.
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business.
- The ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- An extreme attention to detail.
- The identity of an organized, self-starter, team player.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- A passion for staying current with event marketing and cultural trends.
- A finger on the pulse for cutting edge experiential activations
- Flexibility with working non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
- The ability and desire to travel for out-of-town productions.
- Bachelor Degree required.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.