Manager, Event Production
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin and Los Angeles. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
Our growing and dynamic production team is now looking for an Event Manager who will be responsible for implementing small-scale events and multifaceted projects for a key retainer hospitality client.
Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Event Director with a strong dotted line to the Senior Account Director, you will organize events that will make an impact for a major agency client in the hospitality sector.. You will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. Your fresh ideas and organizational skills are sure to make every event a true success.
What a day in the life will look like:
Highly customer service oriented, you will produce memorable events that meet the creative goals and client’s expectations within the budget. Throughout the day you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating all facets of pre-event production, onsite management, and post-event breakdown.
- Overseeing/executing multiple events from beginning to end, often occurring simultaneously.
- Creating and managing complex event budget, from concept to reconciliation and ensure profitability.
- Conducting venue scouting and selection.
- Working with Creative and Account Management teams to ensure client’s vision is being met.
- Serving as production lead with all vendors including venue, catering, décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer and staffing.
- Working with Talent and Digital departments in securing talent and fulfilling riders if needed.
- Ensuring event is completed smoothly and stepping up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Being responsible for creating and maintaining key event documents including budget, activation deck, recap deck, run of show, work back schedule, contact list.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- 3/5 years’ experience in event production roles, managing budgets up to $350K.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- A high level of organization and negotiating ability.
- Strong work ethic.
- Highly knowledgeable in budgeting.
- Must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource and oversee the events.
- A high competency level on computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities.
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business.
- Expertise in Keynote, Excel and Outlook.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017 and most recently BizBash 2017 Event Style Award Winner.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.