Vice President - Accounts
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin, Los Angeles and . We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
Our growing and dynamic marketing team is now looking for a Vice President of Accounts in Los Angeles.
Does this sound like you?
The Vice President, Accounts role at BMF Media is a highly valued, pivotal role in the agency. The primary purpose of this position is to lead the integrated delivery of extraordinary brand experiences through flawless execution of big ideas and exceptional account service.
The Vice President role contributes to the achievement of account profitability and organic growth targets and leads a portfolio of accounts (a “Pod”). In addition, s/he is an active participant of the Leadership Team.
You have 12+ years’ experience and a proven ability to manage accounts, staff, and the bottom line. Key attributes include: being a cultural builder and leader, an excellent client counselor, and a self-motivated professional dedicated to achieving client satisfaction and meeting and exceeding internal goals
What a day in the life will look like:
Beyond being a natural-born relationship-builder, you will be an exceptional leader who will be responsible for:
Managing Account Management and Growth:
- Partner with Finance to promote their Pod’s financial health, growth and stability of forecasts
- Manage annual client budgets, oversee all billing and financial activity
- Work cross-functionally to innovate, initiate and sell in opportunities for organic growth that generate significant income for BMF
- Represent BMF at client and industry functions, elevate agency reputation for future work
- Review executed work for opportunities to optimize, repackage as case studies to sell across the agency
- Lead program development in partnership with Strategy and other Functional experts; play a leadership role in client presentation meetings
- Counsel clients and drive client leadership; own client partnership and accountability for health of business relationship
- Own all project plans at a strategic level and lead integrated team in executing the plan
- Approve key client reports, review appropriate correspondence and supporting materials for quality control
- Develop plans for servicing clients, growing existing client business, and ensuring that all program objectives are understood and executed
- Lead high-level / retainer budget conversations with clients
Brand Business Leadership:
- Lead integrated account teams in effectively managing projects and programs, ensuring efficiency and profitability
- Partner with client and other agency partners as applicable to determine objectives, target audiences, KPIs
- Ensure business results and KPIs are achieved, and oversee reporting to clients during projects and in post-project/program recaps
- Own significant milestone client presentations, showcasing functional experts to sell; sign off on final plans
- Remain current on client’s business and their category: continually seek to evolve team knowledge of client’s business and competitors, vertical industry, and emerging trends in consumer behavior
- Maintain a solid grasp of and curiosity for the experiential landscape, including the client’s competitive set activities, to proactively counsel clients on opportunities and threats
- Contribute to organizational strategy and best practices as a member of the agency's Leadership Team
- Recommend new systems to improve agency processes, knowledge sharing and/or client services
- Participate in mentorship and culture initiatives
- Actively participate in the learning community at BMF, both as an enthusiastic learner and one who shares knowledge with others
Performance Management & Talent Development:
- Work with the EVP, Accounts, to create a development plan for your career, then take responsibility for continually seeking to grow and develop yourself
- Take responsibility and accountability for success of all employees who are a part of the integrated Pod that you lead, clearly communicating and facilitating roles and responsibilities delineation, and providing guidance and tools to facilitate goal achievement
- Conduct timely and constructive performance reviews for your direct reports
- Through words and actions, coach and mentor direct reports, helping to build a culture of continuous learning and expertise
- Work with senior management and HR to recommend and implement staff training programs
- Partner with HR team to maintain a steady pipeline of candidates and participate in the successful recruitment of top talent at all levels
- Work with EVP, Accounts and HR to create succession plans for key roles
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- 12+ years of account management experience in agency environment (or a mix of inhouse and agency backgrounds), including budget management for > $7-8MM in annual billings
- 6-7 years of supervisory experience
- Proven track record in client service, strategy development, and execution
- Experience developing and leading integrated campaigns for well-known brands
- Expertise in client's vertical industry
- Ability to plan strategically and lead work plans
- Ability to generate revenue-producing initiatives for organic growth
- Ability to lead and manage diverse work teams
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial drive
- Fortune 500 client experience preferred
- Client Service
- Communication and Leadership
- Solution oriented
- Strategic and Critical Thinking
- Personal Effectiveness
- Delivery and Execution
- Business Acumen
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- An international portfolio with worldwide events.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.