Associate Creative Director
Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin and Los Angeles. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
Our growing and dynamic creative team is now looking for an Associate Creative Director to drive the creative process from initial ideation, creative direction, through to final execution.
Does this sound like you?
This is a unique opportunity to lead a creative team and drive them to consistently elevate their work as a senior creative in an ACD role. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will collaborate closely with a team of designers, producers and creative strategists to develop innovative activations. You have a passion for concepting experiential marketing activations as well as designing beautiful and strategic interactive experiences. You have the ability to take a routine client request and turn it into a project people will fight to work on.
What a day in the life will look like:
Beyond assisting the Creative Director with creative direction and activations, you will be an exceptional leader who will be responsible for:
- Conceptualizing and overseeing the design aspect of assigned RFPs and client projects.
- Driving and elevating the creative level of the work being developed by the creative team.
- Supporting creative staff by coaching, mentoring, teaching, critiquing and inspiring.
- Collaborating with strategy, account and production teams to ensure that all work aligns with the agreed upon strategy and client needs.
- Making sure work is deliver on time working closely with the Traffic Manager.
- Working with sales and creative strategy teams to bring pitch process to life.
- Being on top of design and interactive trends to share with the team.
- Actively participating and helping drive brainstorm sessions for RFPs. Writing new business decks.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- 5-7 years of experience leading a creative team in the event design or experiential marketing field.
- A strong background linking the creative process with the final recommendation to client goals and aligning with the overall strategy of RFP/assignment.
- A strong understanding of industry trends and creative tools.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Solid leadership and mentorship skills.
- Experience working with high profile, innovative companies.
- Strong design and graphic skills -- expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up or other 3D program, Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in working with complex and detailed budgets.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented competencies.
- Ease with interacting with clients and internal staff alike.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending, maternity/paternity policy and generous time off.