Who we are:
BMF is a collective of Cultural Engineers headquartered in NYC with offices in Los Angeles, Miami, and Austin. We are a full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in event design & production, brand marketing, sponsorships, talent management & bookings, publicity, and social media & influencer relations. We constantly strive to expand our offering as an agency.
Our growing and dynamic Sales and Strategy team is looking for a Production Strategist who will be responsible for providing the production voice during the RFP process. They will support the strategy team to ensure creative concepts are aligned with the client’s budget.
Does this sound like you?
As a Production Strategist at BMF Media, you are a mature, professional individual with strong production and budgeting backgrounds. You show great creativity, problem solving and the ability to manage multiple event budgets. You will be a leader, working closely with the production team, reporting to the Director of Strategy.
What a day in the life will look like:
Most importantly, you must bring a depth of event production experience, highly creative problem-solving abilities, with excellent budgeting skills.
- Responsible for developing budgets for proposals and sign-off of on executional feasibility for all RFPs. When necessary, work hand-in-hand with creative strategy team to develop alternative concepts to fit within project confines.
- Identify, vet and serve as the production lead for vendors during the RFP process such as venue, scenic, AV, and experiential technology.
- Identifying permitting requirements and timelines, liaising with local municipalities and permit expeditors.
- Attend and play key role in weekly brainstorms and RFP meetings.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
- At least 5 years of experience producing a broad range of projects in multiple cities with varying size with budgets up to $1MM+. Examples include, but are not limited to media previews, conferences, mobile tours, pop-up stores, or PR stunts.
- Extensive knowledge of event budgeting with experience pricing out scenic fabrications, experiential technology, permitting, and technical vendors.
- Strong vendor relationships and negotiation skills, with experience working in union venues.
- Creative and problem-solving capabilities; able to change course to fit client needs.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of new, distinctive venues and cutting-edge vendors.
- Strong presenter; able to participate in new business pitches and client meetings.
- A passion for staying current with event marketing and cultural trends.
- A finger on the pulse for cutting edge experiential activations
- Hands-on attitude; get the job done. The ability to bring positive energy and problem-solving approach to day-to-day work.
- A high level of organization and detail.
- A high level of integrity and passion for, and caring about, the quality of production that the agency produces.
- A strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
What we bring to the table:
We want you to be part of a dynamic and creative team where you will have the opportunity to show customers a different way to look at the ordinary. We are vanguards in creative strategy and experts in leveraging emerging trends in music, art, fashion and technology. We connect brands with media, influencers, artists and consumers to create today's leading experiential activations in the market. And we’ve got the cred too: we were featured in Event Marketer's IT List of Top 100 Event Agencies in 2016 and 2017.
- A fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
- A culture that values ideas and innovation from everyone at every level.
- On-going professional development and training; we will empower you to take charge of your career path.
- Strong benefits including health and dental, 401K, Transit Check, Flex Spending and generous time off.